As a mark of respect for the deceased and other visitors, we ask that everyone visiting the burial ground acts with due care and respect and we reserve the right to refuse access to anyone who does not.
- No seeds may be scattered in the burial ground.
- No flowers or shrubs must be picked or removed from the site.
- Plaques must be sourced through ourselves.
- Mobile phones should be turned to silent.
- No dogs.
- Litter must be taken home with you.
- No vases are to be sunk into the soil on or around the plots.
- Only loose flowers should be placed on the plots. No artificial plants and no plastic packaging or decorative items should be left in the burial ground. Any such items will be removed.
- No burial of embalmed bodies is permitted. Embalming, sometimes called “hygienic treatment”, involves toxic chemicals that risk leaching into the surrounding soil.
- No items should be buried with bodies or ashes which might release toxins, such as batteries, electronic devices or plastics. Please do ask us if you are unsure.
- The release of helium balloons and/or sky lanterns is not permitted.
- Children must be supervised by a responsible adult.
- All vehicles parked in the car park are left at the owner’s risk.
- Vale of Belvoir Natural Burial Ground reserves the right to amend or add to these regulations.
Please do contact us if you have any questions.
Mob: 07983 739520